Your brand is your business’s North Star. It focuses your leadership, galvanizes employees, and magnetizes customers. We use our Ironclad Method – a sequence of rigorous frameworks – to distill your optimal brand positioning.
Our Unique Approach
What makes you different? Out of the infinite possibilities, we pinpoint the optimal positioning for your brand. Our Uncommon Denominator and other frameworks form the basis of our disciplined approach. The result is exquisite clarity around how you see yourself and how your audience sees you.
What Is Ironclad Brand Positioning?
Of all the positions you can gain in the mind of your audience, not all of them are equally attractive. You create the most business value when you select an ironclad positioning – one that:
- Resonates with the audience AND is ownable and distinctive to the brand.
- Fulfills a customer’s functional need AND lights them up emotionally.
- Transmits vividly through messaging AND throughout the customer’s entire experience of the brand.
There is a choice of brand positioning that is more right for you than any other. The Ironclad Method’s proprietary frameworks embolden you to select the precise, optimal positioning for your business.
Are We a Fit?
If this sounds like you, we’ll make an excellent fit:
- You are the CEO of the organization
- You are committed to your organization’s brand
- Big thinking about brand, deeming it the North Star, not just marketing
- Growth mindset in approaching the building of your brand and business
- Craving focus and willing to make hard choices to reach clarity
We are not for businesses that:
- Consider brand to be just a name or logo. We are specialists: we only do brand strategy. We believe brand is worth that depth, because your brand’s focus has multiplicative impact on your business’s value.
- Are merely checking a box. Brand strategy is the tool to achieve your business’s focus. It’s among the most consequential thinking you’ll do as a leader, as it will be your North Star for years to come.
Ironclad founder Lindsay Pedersen is a brand strategist with a scientific, growth-oriented discipline to brand building. She is author of the best-selling book, Forging an Ironclad Brand: A Leader’s Guide. She has advised companies from burgeoning startups to national corporations, including Zulily, Starbucks, T-Mobile, Duolingo and IMDb.
Lindsay’s background as a P&L owner at Clorox fostered in her a deep appreciation for the executive’s charge: increasing the company’s value. There, she led mature, billion-dollar businesses and newly-launched categories, from Clorox Bleach to Armor All to Brita. In each case, she was solely responsible for expanding the value of the business.
Thanks to this executive perspective, Lindsay demands that brands be a crystal-clear North Star to grow the business. Her brand strategies are tested in the crucible of her proprietary Ironclad Method. Lindsay arms leaders with an empowering understanding of brand, and an ironclad brand strategy, so they can grow their business with clarity, conviction and focus.